How to judge the quality of air conditioner duct tape without any professional instrument? it is not easy for a normal person, here I will introduce some easy ways to help you judge how quality it is in your hand.
1. Material Composition
- Base material: PVC
- Additive Material: Dioctyl Phthalate (DOP)，DOTP and Oil
- Air conditioner duct tape is consist of PVC + DOP+DOTP+ Oil
- The complete new PVC material has properties of fire retardant and Anti-aging.
- the mature formula in the production of air conditioner duct tape which can strengthen its mechanical properties.
- The working temperature range of PVC valves is 0 to 60°C (30 to 140°F) for newly PVC material.
- The recycling PVC raw material is not good at mechanical properties like tensile strength and Elongation. Especially in the anti-ultraviolet effect. some Chinese factories use recycling PVC raw material instead of new PVC material to save cost.
2. Mechanical properties
- The complete new PVC air conditioner duct tape elongation at break more than 220%.
- The complete new PVC air conditioner duct tape tensile strength larger than 30N/10MM
- Newly PVC wrapping duct tape peel strength should larger than 2.0N/10mm
- PVC duct tape for air conditioner must apply for MSDS and ROHS certification, without any toxic substances
- Any easy way to judge complete new material PVC or recycling material PVC is smelling in your nose. generally speaking recycling material, you will get a pungent smell, but new material is light smelling or nearly nothing in smell.
- The below video will teach u how to judge PVC air conditioner duct tape by doing small testing in your office and home.
- Two tools are enough to do it, one rules, another is air conditioner tape. ACTION NOW.